Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin - Graduiertenzentrum

Internationality and travel




There are a number of opportunities at Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin for doctoral candidates coming to Germany from abroad, either  for the entirety of their doctoral studies or for a shorter stay. Here you can find a list of all services offered at the University and other relevant services in Germany.

The International Scholar Services help doctoral candidates from abroad find their way around Humboldt-Universität and Berlin. Their services range from issues such as opening a bank account in Germany to finding an apartment, registering as a Berlin resident, applying for visa and much more.

On the ISS website, you can also find all information regarding the STIBET scholarship, which funds doctoral candidates from abroad in the final stage of their doctoral studies.

Club Orbis Humboltianus aims to encourage interaction among doctoral candidates from abroad and German doctoral candidates. It provides a platform for finding language partners, organises cultural events and offers a range of services, including help with applying for visa.  

The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) is Germany's largest provider of scholarships for international students. You can find all available scholarships on the DAAD website. You can also find a range of available scholarships on the website of euraxess Germany - Researchers in Motion, an initiative supported by the European Commission.

On the website Research in Germany by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research, you can find information on available paid  doctoral positions as well as part-time jobs.

Make it in Germany, a website of the German Federal Government, provides information on resident permits, support services and practical information on living in Germany. The German Rectors' Conference (HRK) has published a university compass with information on doctoral studies in Germany.