Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin - International Office

The Beginning of your studies


On this website you will find helpful information regarding your first steps at Humboldt-University.


The Erasmus office is responsible for organizational issues regarding your studies (for contact information see column on the right). The Erasmus coordinators at each deparmtent are responsible for questions regarding your field of study and your Learning Agreement.


1. Learning Agreement

  • The current course catalogue is available on the 1st of July for the following winter semester or on the 1st of February for the summer semester under the following link: ANGES.
  • You can also have a look at the previous catalogue, many courses on a regular basis.

  • You have to take at least one course at the department you were nominated for.

  • In addition, you may also take courses at other departments - if the respective lecturers agree.

  • You should achieve 25-30 ECTS within a semester.

  • Changes in the Learning Agreement can be made in the first 3 weeks.

  • The respective coordinators of your department are responsible for signing the Learning Agreement.

  • Important: The Learning Agreement has to be signed at the beginning of the semester, not at the end.


2. Enrolment

  • Information regarding the enrolment will be sent our by our Incoming Team.
  • If you want to take an intensive German course, you should plan this for September (for WiSe) or March (for SoSe). Please be aware that you need to register for the language course on time.
  • After your enrolment you will receive your semester ticket, which you can use for the public transportation system Berlin ABC. Your semester ticket is valid from the first to the last day of your semester.
  • After your enrolment you have the official student status of Humboldt-University Berlin.
  • It is important that you registere at a citizen centre (Bürgeramt) and a health insurance company. You will receive information regarding these topics before and during the enrolment by our Incoming Team.


3. Course Registration 

  • You can register for courses online via the course catalogue AGNES.
  • Important: If you take courses outside your department, you will need a performance certificate (Leistungsschein) at the end of the semester. Discuss this with the responsible lecturers.



If you have any questions, you can always contact the Erasmus office of our Faculty, the student council or fellow students.




Now your studies at Humboldt-University can start - Have fun!


We look forward to see you.